General Tax Search

You are not required to create an account to perform a general tax inquiry on a property. The information provided in this search is on public record. Payment information and account balances are not disclosed.


If you want to access your tax information you will need to create an account and log in. Your roll number and PIN (mixed alpha numeric) can be found on your forthcoming tax bill. If you would like this information sooner you can email with your request; be sure to include your full roll number, property address, and certify that you are the legal owner of the property.


Property Tax

How To Pay Your Tax Bill

Pre-authorized payment plans

Sign up for one of our pre-authorized payment plans:

  1. A 12 Month Plan (payment comes out on the last business day of each month, adjusted in September and January each year) 
  2. Installment Plan (payment comes out on the 4 due dates each year)

To sign up, fill out the Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan Form

By credit card

Grey Highlands uses Paymentus to allow you to pay your tax and utility bills by credit card.  Please note Paymentus charges an additional fee for this service (2.95% for tax bills and $5.95 per $250.00 for water bills).

At your bank

Grey Highlands accepts payments through most banking institutions. Please register with your bank by using your account number located on your tax bill.

In person

Payments are accepted at the Grey Highlands Municipal Office located at 206 Toronto Street South Markdale.

By mail

Payments can be mailed to:

Municipality of Grey Highlands
PO Box 409
Markdale ON N0C 1H0


Assessment Information

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for assessing all properties in Ontario.

MPAC provides these assessments to municipalities. The assessment is multiplied by the tax rate to determine the amount of your taxes.

For information or details about your assessment, please contact MPAC at 1-866-296-6722 or visit their website at


Change of Address

Please fill out our change of address form to notify our Finance Department that your address has changed.

Change of Ownership

The Municipal Office must receive legal documentation to change ownership of a property. In most cases this will come from your lawyer or MPAC.